- Muffins have to be a unique recipe every Tuesday. I can only get away with repeats every two Tuesdays.
- Muffins must not contain any type of nut. Not because we are allergic or don't like nuts, we actually are a nut loving family, but because we do not like nuts in our muffins. That's the kids speaking by the way, I love nuts in muffins.
- Muffins must be healthy and contain only whole wheat flour. That's me speaking.
Whole Wheat Cranberry Oatmeal MuffinsIngredients
- 1 cup milk (I usually use whole milk, almond or coconut milk)
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats or 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Handful of cranberries chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Preheat oven to 425°f (220°c). Grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
In a small bowl, combine milk, oats, cranberries and vanilla. Soak for 15 minutes.
In a separate bowl, beat together egg, oil and honey; stir in oatmeal mixture. In a third bowl, sift together flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Stir flour mixture into wet ingredients, just until combined. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups until cups are 2/3 full. Batter will be thick.
Bake in preheated oven for 15-25 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean.